Hammer steaming

JHarvey440@aol.com JHarvey440@aol.com
Sat, 27 May 1995 09:27:13 -0400

ds>Experiment with the steam and use what ever works best for you.

David,

Although I missed your class, and possibly earlier threads on this subject, I
plan to try this technique on an obstinate little Yomama grand during my next
visit. Traditional methods of shaping and voicing have yielded tennis elbow,
short-lived results, and little else other than a piano that's too bright for
the closet, a.k.a. practice room it's in.

In an earlier message, someone (Ballard?) mentioned being tempted by a
clothes steamer. Has anyone tried one of these? I'm reluctant to buy
(another) heating device -- not due to the cost, rather the size/bulk.

If no one has had experience with these, I may just try my Norelco steamer
(if it survived the last attack by the airline's luggage shredding machine)
and modify the application technique accordingly.

Regards, and tell John Foy I said 'howdy' next time you talk to him.

Jim Harvey