Hammer steaming

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Sat, 27 May 1995 13:06:07 -0400

Larry writes:

>I write in support of fabric softeners.  Diluted with alcohol 8 parts
>alcohol to one part softener, works so nice on hammers that sometimes are
>not responsive to anything else.

I believe strongly that it is the WATER in fabric softener that releases the
heat/pressure densified felt and produces the voicing effect.

It's the H20!

The softening agent componant does not rejuvinate fiber elasticity.  In the
textile trade they say that once a fiber becomes brittle and dead it cannot
be restored to its former quality even by adding lanolin.

Stanwood