Journal articles CD ROM

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Tue, 30 May 1995 16:41:09 -0600

>>Along these lines, there is some talk about putting the last ten >years of
>Journal articles on disk or CD ROM--either text only (about >10MB), or

>I argued with Larry Goldsmith about this a -LONG- time ago, (1989 or so). I
>was too late. They had commissioned the Journals to microfiche. Now there's a
>new-age technology that's easily transportable, and with fast lookup and
>retrieval! Would everyone with a fiche reader please raise their hands?

Would anyone who has made use of the microfiche files at ALL raise their hands?

It seems to me only home office or libraries would make use of a fiche copy,
whereas I'd be willing to bet there would be more than a few of us who would
purchase CD-ROM copies.

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca