Highlighting marks for text

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Wed, 31 May 1995 01:28:54 -0400

-----------------

"In AOL, you highlight
the section you wish to "quote".  Highlight by mouse-picking at the beginning
of the section, and dragging to the end of the section which you wish to
highlight.  You can make multiple selections, e.i. a paragraph here, and a
paragraph there.  Then you pick the "Reply" or "Reply to All" button.  The
highlighted text will automatically be entered in your E-mail response."

"That's the way it works with AOL v2 for Windows.  I suspect that it work the
same for the MAC versions.  AOL was originally designed for the MAC and new
features usually appear in the MAC versions before the IBM versions."

-----------------

I am a Mac user with AOL Version 2.5.1.  I have tried your suggestions,
unfortunately without success.  The only two ways I can transfer information
from a incoming message to an outgoing message is to cut and paste, or click
on the "Forward" icon.

Clicking the "Forward" icon however, attaches to any reply (forwarding
comment) I send--a line of hyphens, the words Forwarded Message, and the
entire body of information from the incoming message.

Reference: The Mail Menu in The Official AOL Tour Guide, Second Edition by
Tom Lichty, pages 81-97.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter