Take a Stand

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Wed, 31 May 1995 08:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to urge all subscribers to the Pianotech list, their colleagues,
friends, and families to join me today in writing their Congressional
representatives about an emotional issue that affects us all deeply:

Ban Assault Wippens NOW.

Assault wippens do not belong in the home piano.  Period.  And in the concert
hall the danger is just unthinkable.

Automatic and semi-automatic wippens that allow the player to repeat a note
several hundred times a second are no longer "recreational" wippens.  These
wippens were made with one and only one purpose in mind:  to kill or injure as
many musicians as possible.

Thank you for listening.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH

P.S.  I guess you can tell it's the end of the term.