Survey

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Tue, 03 Oct 1995 09:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings, one and all!

I'm working with a doctor to produce a Journal article about tuners and
repetitive stress disorders. Would you each be so kind as to take a
minute and respond to this brief questionnaire? We're trying to collect
data for the article. It's important that you respond even if you have
never suffered from any of these things.

Question: Have you ever suffered any of the following disorders as a
result of working on pianos?
      -Carpal tunnel syndrome
      -Tendinitis
      -Teno-synovitis
      -Pinched nerve
      -Numbness, tingling, pain, or swelling in hand or wrist

1. If you have never suffered from any of these disorders related to
your work with pianos, please answer "None." If that is your answer, this
concludes the questionnaire for you.

2. If you have suffered one of the disorders listed above, please state
which one or ones.

3. In each case, please state what specific procedure (i.e., tuning,
voicing, regulating, restringing, refinishing, moving, etc.) caused the
problem. Please be as specific as possible, in other words, if it was
regulation, please try to remember which regulation procedure, etc.

That's it! Thanks very much for your help.

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide