Plugging/reboring hammers

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 05 Oct 1995 10:26:32 -0500 (CDT)

   Does anyone out there have experience with plugging and reboring hammers?
I have a complete action that was rebuilt and later we decided to have a
complete new one made, keyframe, keys, stack, everything. Since the new
hammers were not reused, I would like to pull them and use them on a piano
here at the school. The hammers have no noticeable wear on them and it
would help me if I could reuse them.
   What I particularly want to know is the best kind of wood to use as a
plug and the best glue, considering that they are going to be rebored. Also,
any other pertinent information about this subject.
   Thanks for any help.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu