hammer voicing solutions

David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Thu, 05 Oct 1995 18:22:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Oct 1995 ATodd@UH.EDU wrote:

>    I've always wondered why S & S can't just make harder hammers to start
> with. Have you every tried to voice a hammer that had been heavily juiced
> with lacquer? It's like digging a hole in concrete and sometimes does just
> about as much good.
>
> Avery Todd
> University of Houston
> atodd@uh.edu

Since David Stanwood mentioned it a few months ago, I have tried the steam
route on some over doped hammers.  It works well, fast and lasts long.  I
have also used Fabric softener (1 part Snuggle 7 parts isopropyl alc)
right on the surface.  That works well also.  even on over doped hammers.

Dave Porritt
SMU - Dallas