hammer voicing solutions

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 06 Oct 1995 13:15:58 -0600

>That's fine for Yamaha, Baldwin, S&S, etc, but what about something like
>Willis?  My inclination is to go with Renner, but I'm always concerned
>about the tonal results.

I'm just about to install a set of Renner Blues on a fine old Willis 48"
vertical from the twenties. I'll let you know how it turns out if you like.

The last vertical I did (a Heintzman about five years ago) was with
Imadegawa hammers and I wasn't satisfied with the results. For what these
cost (about $430 CDN bored, tapered and landed) they better sound great!

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca