M&H AA rescale

John Delacour eremita@bournemouth-net.co.uk
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 22:00:35 -0100

At 17:04 09.10.95, Vince Mrykalo wrote:
 |: Has anybody rescaled a M&H AA in the tenor area (just above the break)
 |: to get rid of the wound trichords, changing them into bichords?
 |: My desire is to get rid of the wound trichords only, leaving the rest
 |: of the scale as is.

Vince,

  Send me the speaking lengths of the overstrung bass section for notes
1,5,9,13,17,21,25 and any remainder, Tell me how many singles and how many
bichords there are and give me details of the first few break notes
including the first few strung with plain wire and I'll suggest a scale for
you.

  What's wrong with the trichords?  Are they too zingy or too dumb or what?
This should be clear when I see what's on there at the moment, but it's
best to hear a subjective view and to know why you want to change from
trichords to bichords.

  If you have Excel or if you use a Mac or both, I can send you the scale
properly formatted.

                      John

         Delacour Piano Services - 34 Station Road, Parkstone
         Poole - Dorset BH14 8UD - England  +44 1202 731031
             Bass String Manufacturer - Piano Technician