PTG exams (was:Tuning in 1895)

kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 07:58:29 -0600 (MDT)

Mr Stein:

Your condemnation is rather harsh, but your point is made. As a member of
another piano technical organization (CAPT in Canada), we are undergoing
a similar problem regarding the standardizing of testing of new members.
There is similar disgruntlement among associate members regarding being
held to standards that are *higher* than other members were to be
admitted to the group. Some of this disgruntlement has manifested in
perfectly competent technicians not joining the organization, a sad result.

Having recently joined PTG, I found that associate
members are treated respectfully for the knowledge they have, and can
even stumble on a few things that RPT's think are good ideas. IMHO, the
title of RPT is one that is earned through work, knowledge and respect,
passing the exams are a formality.
Go easy on us associates, we are still young enough to know everything.

8-)  Rob Kiddell
     Canada