Aggressive players

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 01:16:33 -0400

Dave Doremus -

Of course, you're right. (I shouldn't post on the 'net when I'm sleepy!)
 Thanks for the correction.

Increasing core wire size_will_ increase tension - all things else remaining
the same.  I forgot to mention that the wrap wire was also _reduced_ one size
(in other words, all things else didn't remain the same).  At the time I
calculated that this would retain approximately the same weight, or reduce it
slightly, reducing tension slightly, while the increased core size would bear
the tension and flexion better - at the cost of increased stiffness and
inharmonicity.  The trade-off was an acceptable compromise that solved the
problem.

- Tom McNeil -
Vermont Piano Restorations