FWD: October Journal Article

Michael Wathen 556-9565 Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 21:29:53 -0500 (EST)

I originally sent this to John as a private Email.  He asked me
to post this on Pianotech for general discussion.

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:05:08 EST
From: Michael Wathen 556-9565 <WATHENMJ@A1.BETA.UC.EDU>
Subject: October Journal Article
To: "/R=external/R=aol.com/U=pianocraft/FFN=Remote Addressee/"@BETA.UC.EDU

First of all, don't think they I am in anyway trying to harass
you.  I think your stuff is well thought out and is perhaps more
well thought out then anything I have seen so far.

Where did you get the graph which shows the difference between a
note with little bearing and one with "adequate bearing"?  I
really want to know.  Is it some where in the references you
listed?  If so which one?  Measuring the juxtaposition of the
vertical and horizontal polarizations of a string in a piano is a
difficult task.  We know..We've tried.  There was also some
physicists in Australia who tried.  They came up with a device
consisting of mirrors and polarized light.  But, in the long run
they failed to implement it.  It was published in ASJA.  I can
provide you with the specifics, I just don't have it in front of
me.

Michael