stuck nose bolts on a Chickering

J. Kehe fortep@mcs.com
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:12 -0500 (CDT)

At 09:51 PM 10/24/95 -0600, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to remove the nose bolts on a Chickering Grand.  There
>are disks, about the size of a nickel with small holes on either side of
>where the threaded portion of the bolt protrudes. All of this is countersunk
>in the plate.  I tried using the tips of the jaws of my needle nose pliers,
>but it felt like the pliers were going to break before the nut turned.  Are
>these likely frozen, or is there a trick to it?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Gordon Large
>Mt. Vernon, Me.

Ive had good luck in the past with with 'Liquid Wrench' as mentioned in
another reply and a 'round- nose' needle nose plier and vise-grip.  After
dousing with LW, insert the plier, tap it a bit to loosen the corrosion,
grab the plier with the vise-grip just above the nut and turn slowly.  The
vise-grip will stabilize the pliers somewhat and also give you leverage to
turn with.

j. kehe
chicago