Steinway boards

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Sun, 29 Oct 1995 02:19:08 -0500

Regarding Stephen Birkett's post on Steinway and their boards, I can say that
when I toured the factory in June I watched the board construction and
glue-up process there. The company gets a lot of attention, not all of it
positive.  The staff hear and tackle head on a lot of rumors and
misinformation.  Sometimes, right or wrong, they must feel that technicians
are determined to mix up the story to meet their own agenda.  I think the
company, including this regions rep. Bob Snyder, _wants_ technicians to know
what's what.  They have put a lot of knowledge and hard work into their
technical program, making every effort to disseminate information and make
skill building available.  Whenever I have had a question I have gotten a
straight answer.  If you still have a technical question, why not go right to
the factory source and call Michael Mohr or Scott Jones?  (I understand the
company is in the process of getting on the pianotech list too.)

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle