Blocked action

RalphBl@aol.com RalphBl@aol.com
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 12:32:30 -0500

I have a Howard grand about 6 yrs old that a client moved from Calif. to
Nashville.  In the course of the move, something happened to the action
either during the move or when the movers set it up here.  I tried to remove
it to do some work on the dampers but the treble end will not budge.  Bass
end is okay but the treble is blocked.  I removed a screw from the lyre
thinking that perhaps the movers inserted a leg screw by mistake and that it
had penetrated the keyframe, thus blocking the action.  However, it is a
machine screw about 4" long and 3/8" in diameter and did not cause it.  The
only thing I didn't do was to remove the lyre and re-attach it. The soft
pedal will not work since the action won't move.  Other two function as they
should.  Any ideas? I consulted with a couple RPTs here and they had no
suggestions other than the one I tried.

Ralph Black
RalphBl@aol.com