1930's WURLITZER

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 19:19:28 -0400

Cliff:

I have a small Wurlitzer grand that has pins set directly in the plate, No
pin block. All the pins are force driven into the iron plate webbing. ( I
never took out the action to see if they are set screws, or not, but the
piano does hold its tune, and none of the pins are loose.

 I think Wurlitzer had a good idea, but because no one else did it, they
stopped producing these kinds of instruments.

As fas as recondintioning the instrument, I think before you throw all the
pins out, find out if you can buy some new ones that fit. Otherwise you might
find yourself making a pinblock for the instrument, and that might not work.

Good luck.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis, MO