Rolls for Player Pianos

Frederick G Scoles scoles@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Sat, 03 Aug 1996 21:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

Last month Greg & Mary Ellen Newell asked for sources of good player
rolls to refer to their customers.  QRS, Buffalo, NY was listed at that
time.  I would like to add some roll suppliers to that list which we
depend on:  Keystone Music Roll Co., Bethlehem, PA, 800-367-8259 (Richard
Groman, owner);  Play-Rite Music Rolls, Turlock, CA, 800-826-5539.  Both
offer high quality and good prices.  Keystone specializes in Reproducer
rolls, and Play-rite offers alot of everything.  Bam-Bam Rolls, Akron, OH
is at http://members.aol.com/BamRolls/index.html,  and offers long-play
and popular.  They are to send out a new catalog in the fall.  To find
old, used rolls mail order, ask the Music Roll Shop, 131 1/2 Gaw
St., Rawson, OH 45881, 419-963-3075 for their auction lists.

The rolls produced by each company differ in materials and method of
production, but most seem to be high quality.  I recommend that the
serious player owner (or technician) obtain a roll or two from each company
to evaluate quality and suitability for a particular piano.

Fred Scoles,  RPT,  Oswego, NY