Pianotech list sorted (sordid?)

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 06 Aug 1996 11:01:16 -0600

>List,
>
>    You guys are working way to hard!
>
>      I download the list into my word processing format or notepad(whichever
>is more convenient at the time), insert tabs between the first names, last
>names and E-mail addresses, and copy the entire thing into my database
>program. Our database program(MSWorks) recognizes tabs as a signal to put
>what follows into the next field. I'm not a computer expert, but I think this
>will work in other database programs. I haven't included ground mail
>addresses or phone numbers in this database, but the same rules would apply.
>I have no idea how much time this method takes, I haven't ever kept track,
>but it doesn't seem to take very long.
>
>                                                        Jodi Hickey
>                                                        (Jeff Hickey's wife)
>                                                        North Bend, OR

Hi Jodi,

You're absolutely right, of course. I limited my response only to the
question of how to alphabetize using a word processor. Once the data is in
tab-delimited form, you can import it into a database or spreadsheet. It
works just the same, regardless of which program you use (MS Works, Excel,
Lotus 123, Filemaker, etc.). The hardest part is getting it into
tab-delimited form.

Kindest regards,

Tom Seay, RPT

Tom Seay