Polyester Finish- Yamaha

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@blue.georgian.net
Tue, 06 Aug 1996 22:20:30 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Jef
Wow, sure sounds like you like the poly finishes... waxing poetic etc. I have
several cstomers with this type of finish, one in particular, a ski club where
the hired help, musical philistines all, are frequently required to move this
piano.  The 6' Young Chang with a clear poly finish over mahogany, has doubled
as a substitute for bumper cars, and both corners, as well as the keybed, have
lost encounters with the concrete posts in the vicinity.  None of the
refinishers in the area, we're about a hundred miles from Toronto, wants to mess
with this finish, claiming all kinds of potential dire results. Th end result is
that i have taken them at their word, and have come to a standstill as far as
repairing these bumps and grinds.  CAN these chips, right into the wood, be
repaired?? and How ??
I'm a bit hesitant to experiment on a customers piano while I learn the
how-to's.
best regards
Jim
		         Jim Kinnear, I.P.T.