Technician's software

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Tue, 06 Aug 1996 22:25:23 -0500

> Date:          Tue, 06 Aug 1996 18:57:15 -0400
> From:          "John H. Stenstrom" <tubist1@erols.com>
> Subject:       Technician's software
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Dear list:
> I'm just setting up shop, looking for a piano-tech - specific software
> package to buy, if there are any out there worth the money.  Please let
> me know what you like and why.  I got a demo several years ago which
> looked pretty good from a Steve McClintock (I think), but can't seem to
> find him now.
>
> Thanks, John Stenstrom

I think that the McClintock package is no longer available.  There
are 3 customer management programs that I have found.  One is the
PTMS that Jim Coleman mentioned.  Dean Reyburn has PSM.  Both of
these are DOS programs.  Ken Hale has PianoDB which requires
Microsoft Access.  You can find links to Web pages for all these by
looking at
http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/music.htm#Techprograms

There is also PScale which calculates string scales.  PTools is a
great collection of useful data for piano technicians and a
basic customer management program.

All of these programs represent a great deal of thought and work set
up for piano technicians.

Ron
Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
mailto:ronberry@iquest.net