6 old upright pianos

Barbara E. Richmond brichmon@e-tex.com
Fri, 09 Aug 1996 07:50 -0500 (CDT)

At 08:06 AM 8/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Barbara Richmond wrote:
>> No money making suggestions here, but a fun, somewhat dangerous and
>> satisfying one instead.  Find a really big machine shed with a concrete
>> floor.  Have a bunch of friends come over and divide them into two teams.
>> Each team, located at opposite ends of the machine shed, runs with/rolls a
>> piano towards the middle of the building, aiming at the other piano.  When
>> collision is imminent, team members jump away and run like hell.  Pianos
>> collide and make a big sound.  Continue activity until all pianos are
>> destroyed.  Pile remains of pianos outside and light with match.  Roast
>> marshmallows on 10 foot long sticks.  Tell piano ghost stories and sing Kum
>> Ba Yah.
>
>This is a great idea.  I especially like the "Kum Ba Yah" around the
>bonfire....  :-)
>
>Only problem I can see is that the doggone things almost *never* roll!
>Most I've seen are propped up with chunks of 2x4 at one corner or
>another.

Well, if you want to get *technical* about it, each team's pit crew provides
a set of high quality rubber casters (Goodyear or Bridgestone are best and
be sure to add extra grease to the ball bearings) that should be attached
and removed as each piano is used.  Team members, don't forget to load up on
carbohydrates before the competition for high energy.  :-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT
Palestine, Texas

PS  Persons lacking a good sense of humor need not reply.