comments about an old piano

Mark Johnston markj@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 01:04:50 -0400

Jonsky Hsu wrote:

> I have an old baby grand: Kranich & Bach, New York. (Serial number: 62157)
> What's your opinion about the piano maker in general.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> - Jonsky Hsu

BE CAREFUL OR THE HARP!!!
MY boss and mentor cringes to see one come into the shop. Ours is a
moderately small operation. We rebuild about 25 grands a year  and he
has been in business 32 yrs. He has had only 3 harps to crack while in
his care. Two have been Kranic & Bach, the other a subsiderary of them.
Be extra careful with the reseating of the harp and bringing up tension
on new strings.

Steven Moore
Greenville SC, USA