Strip Muting----Tuning Times---- Etc.

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 23:59:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Mark Johnston wrote:

> John Musselwhite wrote:
> >
> > >2. What do you strippers use for strip-mutes?
> >
> > Temperament strips from suppliers. I prefer the tapered green ones to the red.
>
> Me Too. I can never find shoes to match the red.
>
> Steven Moore
> Greenville SC

Actually, around Christmas-time, I like to combine the red and green
temperament strips together because they give a more "seasonal" ap-
pearance to the whole tuning process. Matching shoes are never a prob-
lem, because I always remove my shoes and socks before tuning. I found
years ago that bare feet give me much better traction when tuning the
high notes! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net