Stringing Scales

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:22:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996 A440A@aol.com wrote:

>      Being fresh out of school, and knowing everything,  I went into this
> man's shop at the dealer, where he had rebuilt Steinways for 35 years,  and
>  told him, in front of the owners son, that his pianos were not tunable!

> Ed Foote
> Precision Piano Works
> Nashville, Tn.

WOW, Ed! Talk about "cajones". (the techs in the southwest will know that
one!) The amazing thing is that you're still around to tell the story. I
guess the important lesson to be learned here is that when you tell off
someone like that, you want to make sure that they are A LOT older and
slower than you are! I guess we can safely assume that the store didn't
send many referrals your way after that, huh? A truly incredible story!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net