Strike Point

Serge Harel harel@clic.net
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 18:39:52 +0000

> 	I will be restringing a piano soon.  Will the strike point change
> with the new strings?

May a little bit if in the bridge roll in the high treble.

> I am still waiting for the strings to arrive.  Can
> I go ahead and  change the hammers now using the old ones as a reference
> or do I need to wait until after it has been restrung?
> Ron Shiflet, RPT
> Ron_and_Lorene@Juno.com

My advice wait.

 1. Are you sure the original striking line is the right one
 2. Yours ear is the best tool to find the right point.
 3. The bore of yours new hammer could be slitghly off.
 4. Yours old hammer are usefull to put the new string at the right
    place with the three groove on the top
    (presuming it what at the right place at the begining)

I just leave some meal on this bone for other advicer.

Serge Harel
Quebec city, Qc