Yamaha Servicebond Question

Frederick G Scoles scoles@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 12:05:12 -0400 (EDT)

I remember that this forum discussed Yamaha Servicebond briefly about 6
months(?) ago and that the general idea was that it is about the only
program of its kind.  My question is whether Yamaha has a definite policy
about reimbursements or payments, because payment has always been a set
$35.00.  I would like to find out if they make compensation for
situations which involve more travel and/or actual servicing
time/materials.  I have been requested to travel 100 miles (round trip)
to work on an 8 month old grand which gets moderate to heavy use.  I
expect it will also need the usual screw tightenings, action regulation
touchup, and possibly some revoicing.  I am calling Yamaha also, and will
ask for any printed pamphlets they might have. I realize that Yamaha and
their dealers are trying to provide the best possible service.

Fred Scoles,  RPT