Wire cutters

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:55:38 -0500

Ron,
   I've used the Starrett Wire Cutters from Schaff for 15+ yrs. and many
restringing jobs/replacement strings. They come in 5-1/2" & 7" lengths. I
like them and they hold up well. All of the working parts can also be
replaced individually (jaws, splines, springs). In the new tool catalog
they sell for $86.30 & $100.30, respectively.
   I just had to replace my old ones because they were stolen out of my van
and the Starrett is the one I ordered.

Avery

>List,
>        Does anyone have a pair of wire cutters that they like?  I've
>always used the Schaff 'cheapies' and I hate them.  I guess they're just
>not designed to cut through nails?  I'm fixing to do a restring and need
>some cutters.
>Ron Shiflet

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music