stringing gloves (was Re: Wire Cutters-)

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:06:39 -0500

Jeff,
   I vote for the gloves. It sure saves wear & tear on the fingers when
making those coils and since I'm also a pianist.........
   One question. Can gloves be washed and still not cause any tuning pin
problems?

>Question;
>     When re-stringing do you wear gloves? Or do you use talc on your hands
>to eliminate perspiration/finger oils? Or did you never think of it? I'm
>curious about you re-building-shop-types out there... what DO you do???
>
>Truly,
>Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
>Oregon Coast Piano Services
>TunerJeff @ aol.com
>
>ps- I use buckskin (deerskin) gloves. Good control & comfy.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893