Yamaha keytops

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 18:11:27 +0000

Dear List,

Many of you know of the problem Yamaha had in the near past with
their first generation of Ivorite.  We have all seen the yellow
keys staring out at us like coffee/nicotined stained teeth.
What you may not know is that Yamaha readily wants to rectify the
problem and get those yellow keys out of sight.  But instead of
sending us a set of keytops, Yamaha insists on replacing the
entire set of keys.  I am doing my first key replacement of this
type for Yamaha in the next few weeks.  The first step is to
take careful measurements of the capstan center to the backcheck
center and the capstan center to the back of key where it chops
down to the keylifter felt.
Question...Who has done this and what are the things to look out
for.  I imagine capstan and backcheck adjustment.  Leveling and
aligning keys.  Dip........

Thanks in advance
David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA