Restringing

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:02:18 -0400

Ron;
"List,
 Does anyone else enjoy restringing to the point that you just
love it?  I really get into it and find it relaxing.  I was wondering why."

Ron I find restringing to be rather settling. Perhaps because I can take a 2
pound hammer to the piano and work out some aggression while I am
accomplishing something worthwhile. I don't really enjoy any of the work
until I start putting everything back together and start seeing the results
of all the effort in all the different areas. To take a pile of parts and
make a usable instrument out of it is really a kick for me, and the better
the result the higher the high. I run into the problem of selecting a
stopping point though, you know the "if I just do this it will make it that
much better" syndrome.
 How do you choose a stopping point after the instrument is playing and
sounding very satisfactory ? --open question--
Jim Bryant (FL)