5" needle

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 13:45:31 -0400

Ronald R Shiflet wrote:

>         Does anyone know where I can get a syringe with a 5" hypodermic
> needle?  I've tried pharmaceutical stores, animal/feed supply stores, my
> dentist, etc.  The 5" length of needle is the critical dimension.
>
>     John Piesik
>
> John,
>         What do you mean the dentist doesn't have a 5" needle.  Haven't
> you ever went in and had a shot with one of those 12" looking needles
> (they look 12" under nitrous oxide).  You know, one of those shots in
> the roof of your mouth when the needle just kept going and you knew he
> was going to poke your eye out with it?
>
> Ron Shiflet

John & Ron.

Try a gynocologist.  They use a needle about that long for epidural
blocks.  Lots of luck.

Paul Stephens, RPT

    Hi Paul,

    I think you meant anesthesiologist (I've witnessed two epidurals done on
    my wife).  But, sure, what the heck, next time I'm at the gynocologist
    I'll ask if I can have an epidural needle, never know when my wife might
    need another - (looks like I'll never find one of these!)

    Regards,

    John P.