Front Rail Pins

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:09:18 -0500

Hi,
   For future reference, does anyone know of a source for front rail pins
larger than .174 at the base (the part driven into the key frame)? Pianotek
lists their's at .145 and Schaff doesn't even say what the size is,
although
the ones I have (.174) probably came from there.
   I wanted to replace the pins, so I took one out to check the size and the
old pin is .177 in diameter. The new ones I have, at .174, just drop down
into the hole! I think I'm just going to clean them up as best I can and
reuse the old ones.
   Since I don't really want to shim all the holes to make them tight, does
anyone have a better idea? Some are pretty rusty and should be replaced.
The one I pulled out, I "had" to shim and replace.
   Thanks for any help/ideas. Again!

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music