Yamaha keytops

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 17:05:31 -0400

Dr. Jim C., List, et al;
  This thread has lost the point that Joseph A. made, i.e. that Yamaha
serviced his customer without letting him know !  That is what I have replied
to and not anything else. I have used myself as an example of the manner that
Yamaha uses to replace keytops.  I do not care if Yamaha wants to send
Godzilla to do the work as long as the work gets done and my customer is
happy. Probably if I tried really, really hard I could manage to replace a
keyboard in a manner so as not to embarass Yamaha. I am not complaining about
someone else doing the work and I don't think that Joseph A. was.  I am
remarking that the manner which Yamaha does the replacement, i.e. without
notification to the originating tech in some cases, causes embarrassment and
a certain amount of lost faith by the customer in the tech. That is all there
is to it; no integrity, no lack of skills, no knowledge of the tech, just a
lack of notification by Yamaha that has obiviously created some discontent
among some very good techs as posted to this list.
    I personally am not unhappy that I have not done any keyboard replacement
for Yamaha.  I see that as a service to Yamaha as much as to the customer and
Yamaha should let the originating tech know what is happening about his
customer.
Jim Bryant (FL)
p.s. this is my last post on this subject.