Yamaha keytops

William Sadler sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:01:32 -0500

At 04:18 PM 8/29/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Jim C., Sr.,
>
>>Once I was at a College tweaking up one of our
>>Concert Grands.  We always tried to have the local technician with us so
>>that his knowledge would be increased if necessary and that we would
>>know more about him.  This local technician had been servicing (excuse me,
>>tuning) for this college for many years.  I asked him if he would run
>>up the let-off in the Bass while I did all of the treble.  He asked me:
>>"which way do I turn them thangs?"
>
>   I love it. With that kind of accent, could the location have been anywhere
>in Texas?
>   By y'all.
>
>Avery (a native Texan)
>
>_____________________________________
>Avery Todd, RPT
>Moores School of Music
>University of Houston
>Houston, TX 77204-4893
>713-743-3226
>atodd@uh.edu
>_____________________________________

I find this kind of raporte offensive. I think "run up" is not really a
typical way of talking about let off.  There is no context here except to
take a shot at someone who is not present to defend himself and it sounds
like that someone had some trust that has just been violated.

Are you guys that insecure that you have to take shots at other technicians
like this?
William C. Sadler-RPT    Home  : 612-339-5182
School of Music          Office: 612-624-8575
Piano Technician         Pager : 612-538-3577
University of Minnesota  E-mail: sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu