Yamaha

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:50:26 -0600

Hi all,

Yamaha (the local store) has in my opinion tried to take away long term
clients from me, by offering them free service for tuning and regulating.
The only problem is that there tuner fits the words "tooner" to a T, so the
ones that can hear are most unhappy with his work (i.e. piano "tuned"--some
notes at A435 and some at A450). I did used to work for the owner and was
immediately cautioned "not to do "too much". I do believe that people who
buy a new piano deserve to have it correctly regulated.

On two occasions the National dealership in Canada has replaced keyboards
for my clients "behind my back". In both cases the tech did sloppy work,
which I then had to clean up for the client. This tech is now back in town
advertising he is recommended by Yamaha.

The problem is that I believe that people when purchasing pianos should look
at all instruments available and should buy a piano that they enjoy the
sound of. If it happens to be a Baldwin, or a Yamaha or some other brand
then that's what they should buy!

Regards to all,
Don Rose, dlcwest.com