key bushings

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:18:29 -0400

McLube had a material entended for bridge tops that some have used in other
applications that makes more of a mess than a problem resolved.

I prefer to use something that cna be removed from surfaces like key pins or
keybeds if it is not working well.

I have proven to myself that using Flitz does remove invisible oxidation from
the pins and that Protek or Glide All on pins and in bushings works extreme
well and for many years to come.

I have also learned that if the bushing job is too tight in the beginning it is
very difficult to keep the bushing fitted properly because they like to return
to their original tightness.

There are rigional difference to the way materials, glue joints and other parts
respond to the weather.  I have found a procedure that works well for me in my
siduations in New York, Dallas and New Jersey.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu