PLAYER PIANO PROBLEMS

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 03:42:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996 scott.e.johnson@24stex.com wrote:

> Bo> Help! Do we have any player piano experts out there?  I have a
> Bo>
> Bo> Patrick Poulson, RPT
>
>Hi Pat,
>I'm not a player expert...
>She should have something to hold on to, (the fold down key slip)

I also am not a player expert.   But I have rebuilt players and
reproducers.  If you have to "hold on to something," the player
mechanism is not tight.  There IS something wrong with it.  She is
right.  Pumping, for minimum volume levels, should be effortless.
What kind of actiion is it?  If it is not identified, can you tell us
the tracker style or brand of the piano?

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer                              wbailer@cris.com
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA                       phone: 716-473-9556
\\\  Interests: acoustics, JSBach, anthropology, piano technology