double flanges

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 01 Dec 1996 13:48:08 -0500

David -

In my experience, it is not the lack of parts that would be the supreme
killer in your neighbor's project.  Double flanges are (or at least have
been) available from the supply companies such as Schaff and American, and on
an individual note replacement basis, I have been able to make them work by
trimming, fitting, pinning, regulating and what have you.

The supreme killer would be the novice trying to do an entire set as his
first piano job.  It would certainly absorb many hours of your time walking
him through each step, which I would gather from your use of the word
"upwrong" (a 'corned' word?) you might be loathe to do!

Bill Maxim, RPT

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the honor of kings is to
search (it out)"  Solomon  (Proverbs 25:1)

A saying that speaks volumes about the worth of the Pianotech list!