double flanges

Richard M remoody@easnetsd.com
Sun, 01 Dec 1996 14:47:55 -0600

There is a double flange listed in APSCO..#2441 (p 78).   Actually the
lack of parts may be a blessing in disguise.  Does he know what repinning
is? Is there a reason why the old flanges can't be used?  What kind of an
engineer?  They are logical people, if y ou use the right logic.   If
electrical, ask him what he would say if a home owner was worried about
wires wearing out from all the electricity flowing through them.  If
mechanical, what would he say if some one asked if they are gonna have to
replace the steel beams in the Empire  State Building.  Some times the
professional person does not understand there are impossible situations in
another profession.   Shall I tell the story of the chemical engineer who
poured expoxy over the tuning pins so the piano would stay in tune?

Richard Moody   ptt

----------
> From: David Porritt <dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: double flanges
> Date: Sunday, December 01, 1996 8:42 AM
>
> I have a neighbor (an engeneer) who wants to put new action parts in his

> old Brambach upwrong.  He wants to do it himself.  He brought some
sample
> parts over yesterday and this piano has the double flange that holds
both
> the hammer but and damper lever.  I told him I didn't know where such
> things can be purchased but that I would ask this list.  I have given
him
> my view that the piano is not worth the time and money he is looking to
> invest.  The lack of these parts will be the killer of this project.
Yet