Request Help, Pin Block Problem

ROLLAND MILLER 70642.3604@CompuServe.COM
Wed, 04 Dec 1996 13:51:13 -0500 (EST)

Hello List,

I have a problem/s with a no-name grand that had been sold before the dealer
realized it had some P Block problems.  The piano is still in the  warehouse to
be repaired.

All of the bass pins were loose and "noisy" when I tried to tune it.  Some one
had poured something around the tuning pins that looked like very hard wax.  I
don't know what it was but it made a mess.  I can re-drill most of the bass
section & move up to #4 pins.

* However,  four pins had bronze bushings around them and the holes are too
large to re-drill for even a #6 tuning pin.

I am considering two courses of action for the four oversized pin holes and
would like the lists
advice/suggestions on the matter.

o Drill out the 4 oversize holes & put 3/8" plugs in them.  Then drill them for
#4 pins to match the other pins I
   will install.

o Fill the oversized holes with resin or epoxy.  Then drill out for #4 pins.

Any advice or suggestions conserning which way to go and what materials to use
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help you gave me earlier with a dry/transfer decal application.
It's on and it looks great.

If you would prefer to reply to me directly send to;

Rolland Miller, 70642,3604@compuserve.com

Thanks again,

Rolland Miller
Miller Piano Service