Riddle Anyone?

waco@ari.net waco@ari.net
Wed, 04 Dec 1996 15:51:30 -0500

OK Ed, I'll bite.

Increasing spring tension had no effect, so it's not spring tension.  Strange,
how when we adjust something and it has no effect, we just adjust it more.

MY GUESS: As a result of filing hammers, and bolstering the knuckles, the
geometry between jack and knuckle was off.  The action was greased for speed,
which exacerbated the problem.

MY SOLUTION: Regulate repetition lever spring tension to spec (or a little
light), set height of rep lever, letoff and drop to spec, and MOST IMPORTANTLY
regulate the jack to the knuckle.  The cause of the problem was most likely the
jack not repositioning far enough under the plumped up knuckles. Then again
maybe not......

Make someone  else guess before you give us your answer.

Regards,

Frank