Family Dogs

TunerJeff@aol.com TunerJeff@aol.com
Sat, 07 Dec 1996 12:54:51 -0500

Dear Folks,

Regarding the Family Dog...

     This week I did have an interesting one; The Acrosonic I was called to
tune had a small carpet under the pedals & bench. The family dog, a small
bug-eyed creature, clearly regarded that space as HERS! And was most upset
that I was trying to scoot her away from the piano so I could tune.
     I thought we had reached an agreement, I'd let her stay under the
piano...but she'd have to stop growling at me. Strange thing was, I kept
feeling a nudge on my foot. Every time I looked down, the 'puppy'
(...actually about 117 in dog years) would look up in total innocence.
Couldn't figure out what she was doing, until I glanced down at just the
right moment.
    Turns out she was trying to bite my toes! Lucky for me she had lost all
her teeth during the last few years. Ever had a dog try to GUM you to death?

;>)
Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
Oregon Coast Piano Services
TunerJeff @ aol.com

ps- It's not the dogs & cats that give me trouble... it's the BIRDS that
can't keep quiet!
They really hate tuners. Must be the overtones rattling their little tiny
bones, huh?