Old Story & Clark

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sat, 07 Dec 1996 13:50:34 -0500

Arlie D. Rauch asks;

>Today I tuned a Story & Clark upright #2671.  According to the Pierce Piano
>Atlas this piano was made between 1895 and 1900.  The owner would like to
>know the year of manufacture.  Is there any way to find more precise dates
>for those early years?

     It is often the case that there will be a date and signature by the
keymaker on the side of either the A1 or C88 key..  Customers find it very
impressive when you can say, "Well, Mrs Smith, this piano was made in the
summer of '98. "  ( Of course, keys were made prior to the piano's assembly,
 but how close do we need to get?  )

Regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works