Family Dogs

Leonard Childs lenny@mail.stic.net
Sun, 08 Dec 1996 12:50:56 -0600

TunerJeff@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Folks,
>
> Regarding the Family Dog...
>
>      This week I did have an interesting one; The Acrosonic I was called to
> tune had a small carpet under the pedals & bench. The family dog, a small
> bug-eyed creature, clearly regarded that space as HERS! And was most upset
> that I was trying to scoot her away from the piano so I could tune.
>      I thought we had reached an agreement, I'd let her stay under the
> piano...but she'd have to stop growling at me. Strange thing was, I kept
> feeling a nudge on my foot. Every time I looked down, the 'puppy'
> (...actually about 117 in dog years) would look up in total innocence.
> Couldn't figure out what she was doing, until I glanced down at just the
> right moment.
>     Turns out she was trying to bite my toes! Lucky for me she had lost all
> her teeth during the last few years. Ever had a dog try to GUM you to death?
>
> ;>)
> Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
> Oregon Coast Piano Services
> TunerJeff @ aol.com
>
> ps- It's not the dogs & cats that give me trouble... it's the BIRDS that
> can't keep quiet!
> They really hate tuners. Must be the overtones rattling their little tiny
> bones, huh?Hi Jeff,
I had similar experence once, but the dog didn't try to bite me, he just
urinated on my shoe.  I didn't realize he had done anything until I
stood up, because he just shot the bottom of the paints leg.  Now when I
tune this piano, I ask that the dog be put out or in another room until
I leave.  I hope this dosen't happen to anyone else.
Lenny Childs
San Antonio, TX