Wire cutter modification

Richard Anderson tknostf@FoxValley.net
Mon, 09 Dec 1996 10:28:17 +0000

Warren Fisher wrote about Starrett cutter modification, see quote at
end.

You can accomplish the same effect without modification by holding the
cutters backward (handles facing away) and sighting down to the target
pin off a landmark on the cutters. I use the smaller cutters and line up
the spring over the hole. The spring is 2.5" from the jaws which gives
2.5 coils (1"= approx 1 coil). I find it easy and accurate and allows me
to sight to the front or back of the hole depending on the area of the
piano to end up with equal coils.

Richard Anderson, RPT
Elgin, IL

Warren Fisher wrote