Three Wise Firefighters

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 01:11:08 -0800 (PST)

List,
	Sorry this is not related to pianos but it's really cute.

Ron

The Three Wise Firefighters

In a small southern town there was a "Nativity Scene" that showed
great skill and talent had gone into creating it.

One small feature bothered me.

The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left.

At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the
counter about the helmets.

She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You darn Yankees never do
read the Bible!"

I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about
firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled thru some
pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in
my face she said "See, it says right here, 'The three wise man came
from afar.'"