Opinions Insta Coiler

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 08:27:10 -0500

Hey Newton,

Your list of factory stringing pet peeves is right on, but I rarely see that
poor of work from a factory.  I use standards that are high, give me a break.

This list sure has become negative.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota

<Hey Tim,

I would not brag about doing a factory quality stringing job.  The day I
cannot
do a better than factory job it is time to put the hammer and Insta Coiler up
on the wall.

Some things I hate about factory stringing,
 Coils too high off the plate, should be not more than 2 to 3mm
 Beckets sticking out the other side to cause bluody finger prints
 Pins too tight to tune well
 Coils left unlifted or unsetted
 Becket bends sticking out
 Loose pins not replaced
 Finding 4/0 pins in a new block

The good Lord knows I am far from perfect, but I can do a better job than
many
factories.
  Newton
  nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu>