Humidity Question

Scarecrow Scarecrow@mystical.net
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 23:08:32 -0800

I and some others have done quite a bit of research on Dampp Chaser, and
we didn't find the same results as you did.  WE didn't get bad
information, because the only imformation we got was right "from the
horses mouth" so to speak.  The main thing that we found ( I won't bore
ALL of you with ALL of it) was that humidity travels about as fast as
cigarette smoke: between 20 and 25 feet per second.  With that small
amount of water (in that small tub in the piano) how can Dampp Chaser
hope to supply enough moisture (especially considering that it is rapidly
moving away from the piano to equalize throughout the house) to keep that
piano at 40% humidity?   Just a thought, any feed back would be much
appreciated.