I got one

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:50:52 -0700

List;

        I found numerous sticking dampers when new pianos (name omitted)
were brought to the (DRY!!! in the winter season) college that I worked at.

        Some were tight guide rails, tight bushing flanges or missalignment
of the damper wire to the guide rail.  For the tight guide rails I had to
remove the damper and ream some of the guide rail bushings as the easer
would not work, For the dampers that were out of alignment it was simply a
matter of realignment, but for the many tight flanges, I treated them with a
water and alcohol solution (50 50).  I only had to repin 1 to 2% of the
flanges that did not respond to the treatment.

        In an earlier post I do believe the wood and felt shrinks and will
become loose but if it shrinks past a certian point the hole will become
smaller causing stickyness.

        I have also found the same to be true in other action centers.

        This of course is totally different from New Orleans Humidity.

Regards;
Ray hopland